How to Spend 3 Days in Margaret River
Recently my boyfriend and I ventured down south to Margaret River. We stayed in a caravan for a few days just before I flew out to Japan for most of January! We tried to get as many things done as possible! We stayed at Taunton Caravan park and found it wasn't too far to drive to each place we visited in Margaret river. Everything in the area is quite spread out, so I'd definitely recommend driving - even if you're not familiar with it!
What to do in Margaret River:
1. Margaret River Caves
We ended up seeing around three of the caves in the region. Most of the caves are located just off a very conveniently named road, Caves Road. It costs around $40 each to see two caves, buying tickets and booking tour times for other caves is available at each cave. We self toured Mammoth Cave and booked into a group tour for Lake Cave. Next time Jewel Cave is on our list!
2. Exploring the Beaches
Probably the best thing about Margaret River would be the beaches (and wine!).
- Margaret River Mouth beach in Prevelly - The Ocean and the River are separated by a thin slice of beach and there are rocks and Reefs on the southern side with an Acai bowl shack in the carpark.
- Hamelin Bay - Keep driving down to the boat ramp carpark and walk onto a white sand beach with rustic jetty remains. Stingrays swim up and down the beach in the shallow water. If you're up for it, you can feed the stingrays fish and pat them as they drift past. We didn't swim much here, it was a little freaky but such a beautiful beach!
- Cowaramup Bay in Gracetown (Southern end) - This was definitely a surf beach! Surfers walk down the cliff to the surf break, it's so fun to watch them from above! There's a walking trail through the scrub out to a staircase. This leads down to the surf on the inner bay side of the point. We ventured around to the other side of the point, we played in rock pools and swam out to large rocks in the surf. Make sure you go on a calm day if you're just swimming! It can be pretty relentless surf.
3. Cafes and Restaurants
- White Elephant Beach Cafe - Prevelly Beach. I ordered the Pumpkin Bruschetta, my boyfriend ordered the Breakfast Burger and we ate watching over Prevelley beach under the umbrellas of the outdoor area. 10/10 We would eat here again.
- The Goodfellas Cafe - Mainly Italian menu, we ordered the Marlon Brando (Mexican) and the Scarface (Margherita) pizzas
- Our first meal was tacos cooked in our caravan kitchen!
4. Other Margaret River Tourist Spots
- Margaret River Chocolate Factory - The fondue set is amazing!
- Cheese Factory
- Margaret River Farmers Markets - Saturday mornings
Things to do next time:
Drive to Augusta
Mile End Glamping
Soul Camping (Glamping)
Wine tasting and tours
I'd love more suggestions for the Margaret River Region! I'm constantly growing the to-do list!
In other news, this week my post "Last Minute Valentines Outfit" was selected to feature on the Independent Fashion Bloggers Website along with these other amazing articles!
- Affordorable: What Is Your Style
- Bag Vibes Gucci Backpac: The Perfect Choice for Travel
- Dare to Dax: Love Yourself
- Demelza Buckley: 7 Ways to Celebrate Love This Valentine's Day
- Finite 1: 5 Important Lessons & Life Lessons I Learned
- Izzy Wears: Last Minute Valentine's Day Outfit
- I'm A Norbyah: Do You Valentine?
- Saccharine Soul: 5 Tips to Feel Luxurious on a Budget
- Tales of Two: Climbing Craters in Hawaii